Wednesday, November 27, 2013


The day before Thanksgiving, and I am like someone having a one-way argument in a soundproof room. But I like the way that such rooms foreground the flow of bodily fluids amplified inside the curving tubes of the ear, and how they tend to focus one on the exigencies of personal thougts without the disruptions often imposed by linear narrative. Still, everyone who writes has some audience in mind, even if that audience is an imaginary one. My imaginary audience would be fairly diverse and yet serious enough about what they read to want to take something of importance with them after they were through--does that sound platitudinous? Perhaps, someone answers, but that someone is me, and I am still alone in this white-blog screen, which reminds me of the backdrop for most of the scenes in that old George Lucas film, THX 1138. Of course, it might be better if I had Donald Pleasance and Robert Duval to talk to. Then again, there is some benefit to being alone and not having to contend with the interruptions of others. Today, I would welcome such interruptions, on my blog, that is--in other areas I am a private person who is content to be alone most of the time, and is lucky enough to live in an area where contact with other people is infrequent; and not for any other reason than the fact, that I find solitary activities--like writing--so refreshing...
It snowed yesterday, and through the night, and I am not sure that I am too happy about that. Then gain, snow is always preferable to the cold weather that often follows in its wake...lets hope that this winter will be a mild one in Ohio.
The steward of the PhlegmTurtlePalace

No comments:

Post a Comment